Monday, October 27, 2008

Meet the Medical Mission Team from First Baptist Church Atlanta

Sarnaa Archie - Discipleship Pastor




















Patience Eka, RN



























Michelle Crews




My husband is Tesdell "Ted" Crews and we have been married for 8 years May 26th. We were high school sweethearts from Columbia, Maryland. We are blessed to have two children, Tesdell Jacob "TJ" who is three and Olivia , who will be two on Nov. 21st. We live in Duluth, Georgia and I am an RN (Nurse) in Labor & Delivery at Northside Hospital. I have known Jesus Christ as my savior since I was five years old, accepting him at my home church in Columbia, MD, First Baptist Church of Guilford. I have a Bachelor's of Arts in French from Spelman College and earned my nursing degree from Carolinas College of Health Sciences in Charlotte, North Carolina. I began my nursing career at Charlotte medical center.






Diane Dennis-Stephens, MPH



I work as a health scientist for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). I live in Stone Mountain with my husband of 4.5 years. Although I love to travel and have been a few places on this side of the Atlantic Ocean, this is my first time to Africa and my first time on a mission trip. I am looking forward to using my public health skills and sharing my testimony with the Ethiopian people. I am so excited about the journey and all that God has in store for me. I am grateful and blessed by the support I have received from my wonderful husband and family


Mission scripture - Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."






Dottie Eleazer






















Ingrid Forbes

In September 2008 I went to Ethiopia prior to the trip with the team in December. As the team's leader, I had to meet with Ethiopia's government officials to estsblish the agreement for services that the team would provide during the December mission. I also got the great joy of visiting the children in Nefas Selk, at the Mekane Yesus Church. The team will visit this church on December 13 to spend time ministering to the children and showing them the Jesus Film.


I am a Jamaican by birth and nationality, and I am grateful to God for finally sending me to Africa to serve on a short term mission team. I am confident that God will show Himself ever so faithful and will accomplish more than I could ever ask or think.





Geraldine Senior

I am a Christian who loves God very much. I have a son whom I also love very much. God has blessed me by allowing me to work in the medical field for 15 years as I have cared for elderly patients. I have also volunteered in numerous shelters and I currently serve as a Sunday morning greeter at First Baptist Church Atlanta.

My favorite scripture is - Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."




Zebrinia Gregg, RN
















Dawn-Marie Headley, RN


























Chika Oraka, RNP

My name is Chika Oraka. I was born in a small village of Nnewi in Nigeria – a country in eastern Africa. I am the oldest of thirteen children. My parents were Mr. and Mrs. Unachukwu. My mother died in 1962 at the age of 35 and my father remarried in 1964. My husband, Emeka and I got married on April 12, 1969. We have four children and five grandchildren. I came to know Christ in April 1975. I arrived in the United States in August of 1975, settled in Chicago, and attended Moody Church where I was baptized by pastor Weisby.

We moved to a little town called Ishpeming, Michigan in the Upper Peninsula, where we lived for twelve years. We then moved to Atlanta in 1991 and joined First Baptist Church in 1994. I have been a member of the choir since 1994. Also, I enjoy sewing, running, and making the best ox tail stew you’ve ever tasted! I’m so thankful for Charles Stanley’s teaching. His ministry has been instrumental in my spiritual growth. Now, I am a nurse practitioner and very glad to serve the Lord with all my heart and nursing talents on this medical mission to Ethiopia.




Dr. Doug Posey



























































Cheryl Honeycutt

No comments: